Position: Warehouse Associate Reports to: Warehouse Manager
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate to join our Warehouse team! Our Warehouse Associate is mainly responsible for operating forklift, material handling, inventory, clean-up, packaging, and other routine activities related to food processing and manufacturing.
This role is perfect for a friendly and hardworking team player who is eager to take on new challenges! The primary challenge is to stay organized with priorities and conquer all aspects of manual labour. However, this gives you the opportunity to work in a friendly and supportive environment where your work has a direct and positive impact on how we function.
What We Offer:
- 100% employer-paid health benefits
- Shift and First Aid premiums
- Voucher for free steel toe shoes
- Free delicious and healthy bread
- Discounts at our retail store with a great selection of healthy and organic products
- Opportunities for career growth and development
Here Is Who You Are…
Drive & Motivation
- You are a team player who is collaborative and communicative by nature
- You are a lean thinker continuously striving for ways to improve or develop for the better
- You are a hard worker with a willingness to learn
- You are health-conscious and have values that align with One Degree Organic Foods
Character & Abilities
- You are able to lift 25kg repeatedly
- You are able to communicate effectively in English (written and oral)
Skills & Experience
- One (1) year's experience working in a warehouse, ideally with forklift experience
- You have basic mathematical and computer skills
- You have a valid Forklift Certificate, or willingness to be certified
- You have your Class 5 License
- You have warehousing experience in a food manufacturing facility
- You have experience operating a Reach Truck
- You have previous training in WHMIS
- You have experience operating a 5-ton truck (driving abstract is required)
Things You Will Do…
- Prepare orders by processing requests and supply orders; pulling materials; packing boxes; placing orders in the delivery area
- Transport raw materials, finished products, and equipment throughout plant manually and using powered equipment
- Operate and drive straight trucks to transport goods and materials over urban and short inter-urban routes
- Perform pre-trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, and cold storage
- Check, weigh, and count materials and products
- Complete order picking, packing, and receiving while maintaining the organization structure for put-away and order staging.
- Administrative work to ensure all movement of product is tracked through our in-house system, interbranch transfers and receiving product and supplies.
- Material handling, inventory, clean-up, packaging, and other elemental activities in processing and manufacturing
- Complete daily reports and checklists by entering the required information
- Order fulfillment for sample requests and purchase orders.
- Perform ongoing hazard analysis in the work area and report findings to supervisor or lead hand.
- Follow all safety and quality standards as set out by the company.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, pallet area, and workstations neat; maintaining clean shipping supply area; complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Other duties as required
- You might need to work different shift rotations depending on available